When we started working with the client, we had to create social media pages, design them, and fill them with essential information.
For further strategy, we selected Facebook and Instagram platforms as they were the most suitable for real estate demonstration and promotion.
The client had a vast number of objects that had to be demonstrated and described to the potential renters.
The client also didn’t have high-quality photos of objects that could demonstrate them at their best.
We wanted to highlight the information about the company and its services to the target audience on the company’s Facebook page in as many details as possible. To achieve that, we:
- Created a slider cover showcasing the objects offered for rent.
2. Filled the ‘Services’ section with information about the offered types of objects.
3. Set up the types of questions you could ask the company’s manager in the Messenger popup window.
To enable the publication of posts about all objects (and there were a lot of them — 30 objects a month), we decided to limit the publications on pages to posts about objects only and to launch paid promotion for each one of these posts in the future. We published a post per day: each one of them described the objects in detail.
Our content plan was focused on publishing posts about objects of the same name on Facebook and Instagram; the design of these posts was adapted to the needs of each of these platforms.
Each post contained a detailed description of the property:
- An address.
- A square space offered for rent.
- A rent fee.
- A description of features and information about the purposes the offered place could serve.
For the company’s Instagram page, we created a branded design concept that includes:
- a profile picture;
- Highlights (saved stories to group stories with current offers on objects);
- a single grid with one concept for all posts.
The creation of a single grid also helped us solve the problem of the absence of high-quality object photos, as the photos didn’t look presentable on their own.
The Advertising Strategy
We set up the goals of advertising campaigns according to the client’s business goals:
- To drive traffic on the website and promote the page’s posts about objects.
- To generate leads (filling of the lead forms is the goal).
Setting up these goals allowed us to provide information about objects to the target audience in several ways at once. It also enabled a user to pick the type of rental application that was convenient to the client:
- To fill a lead form directly on Facebook.
- To fill a rental application on a website from an object’s card.
We decided to focus on several types of audiences:
- A broad audience for detailed targeting/
- An audience consisting of a website’s visitors.
- A lookalike for an audience consisting of users that interacted with the company’s Facebook page during the last 30 days.
For a broad audience, we set up geotargeting for every city that contained an object for rent.
For detailed targeting, we used the narrowing setting as we had to find businesspeople looking for places to rent to open or expand a business. We also excluded realtors, people who are interested in the apartment rent, and the page’s subscribers from the list.
A set of narrowing settings made the audience too narrow. That’s why we decided to use the ‘Expand detailed targeting’ tool, thus enabling the Facebook algorithm to find people who fit the audience’s settings the most.
When we worked with the leads, we faced the following problem: some potential clients were interested in renting a small square space, while the company offered only objects with a big squared space for rent and didn’t provide any option to rent only a part of them. To minimize such leads, we added a new informational block to the lead form that contained the specifics of an offer: ‘all square space to one renter only’ and the question about the size of square space a renter was interested in.
During the advertising campaign, we identified the most effective audience’s setting:
- Testing the remarketing audience showed that this audience is ineffective because of an insignificant number of displays for advertising campaigns. The website didn’t have enough traffic to optimize advertising campaigns more effectively.
- Using the lookalike audience also resulted in an idle display strategy because of the narrow selection of those who tend to fill the lead form.
As a result, we settled with advertising campaigns with detailed targeting settings. We also started getting comments from the users, who informed us that advertising wasn’t relevant to them. However, we understand that it’s impossible to set up the displays so precisely that people who aren’t interested in renting commercial estate won’t make it to the selection. That’s why we excluded the users who interacted with the content and advertising and thus decreased the number of displays for the irrelevant audience.
As a result, our advertising campaigns covered more than 1 500 000 users from the target audience and got 18 490 conversions to a website.
We also received 291 filled lead forms (each one cost 250 UAH) and 57 rent applications in Facebook’s and Instagram’s direct messages.
The promotion resulted in many leads both from the lead generating campaigns and from direct messages on social media. However, as the lead processing usually drags on because of many reasons, the percentage of leads converting into orders isn’t high. That’s why we always strive to stick to the following rule (and to explain that to our clients): a social media lead doesn’t live long, and you have to react to it as quickly as possible to convert a lead into a customer.