Case author: Elena Berezovskaya, head of the web analytics department.
It took the client three hours to convert Google Adwords campaigns data from Google Analytics. The client needs to see costs and main KPIs in a different structure.
Accordingly, the task was to reduce the time for drawing up a report and free up the client’s marketer time to solve more significant and engaging assignments.
What was done
- We linked AdWords and Google Analytics.
- With the help of the Google Analytics Spreadsheet Add-on, we uploaded the necessary parameters and indicators to Google Sheets.
- Using the Google App Script script and formulas, we converted the downloaded data into the required form.
- Using the Google App Script, we transfer the finished result to the client’s Google Sheets.
- We set up automatic upload and transfer of data every week.
- The report is generated without employee participation every Monday.
- Labor savings – 9-12 hours per month.
- Lack of human factor influence.
- The ability to quickly receive a report for any date range.