Case author: Ekaterina Kolesnik – email-marketing specialist at the agency
Aromateque is our client with whom we have been cooperating for a long time. Email marketing is an integral part of the sales funnel. ADINDEX helps grow business income. One of our goals is to increase sales for Black Friday through email marketing and maintain the effect for the following months.
Task: double the email marketing revenue.
What was done
We set up deep segmentation when collecting email addresses of potential customers and customers who placed an order. This helped increase customer loyalty and stir up interest in the store.
We segmented the audience at the stage of collecting email addresses by characteristics:
- brand interest – a customer who once bought a product of a brand and may be interested in subsequent purchases. Therefore, we set up an offer for the attracted target audience.
- We set up segmentation based on the geographical location of the client – the city of residence/purchase. Aromateque concept stores are located in 5 cities of Ukraine: Kharkiv, Kyiv, Dnipro, Lvov, Odessa. It is relevant to use such subscriber bases in SMS mailings as an additional channel for promoting the store.
How to set up an effective email campaign on the example of Black Friday
Step 1. 2 weeks before Black Friday, we sent the first email to our entire customer base. It was a great starting point to activate subscribers and start the sale.
Step 2. The next email was sent a week later. The concept of each letter was extremely simple – a banner and a set of products. The main point is to show a discount and a key button with a call to action. Each subject of the letter is dedicated to a holiday or event.
Step 3. The day before Black Friday, we sent a promotional email to a narrowly targeted audience – interested and customers of the Sisley brand, in which we showed the scale of the promotions and time constraints.
Step 4. Black Friday mailing list. The newsletter was designed in the general Aromateque style, which was also used on the site.
- income from the email channel grew 3 times (by 184.28%) compared to last year;
- Newsletter revenue for November was 33.5% of total email marketing revenue for the year (11 months);
- Newsletter revenue for November was 4.72% of the company’s total monthly revenue;
- revenue from the email channel grew 6 times (by 514.10%) compared to the previous month.
Black Friday is a traditional sale season and a great way to increase your income. Bagsetc is a network of multi-brand stores for women’s and men’s accessories.
Task: increase the email marketing revenue by at least 2 times.
What was done
Step 1. Promo mailing with a new collection of shoes for women and men.
Step 2. 4 days before Black Friday, we sent a newsletter with promotions for black bags – they showed the importance of this attribute in the wardrobe and big discounts.
Step 3. The day before Black Friday, we made a mailing list with an emphasis on discounts and buttons with an appeal and links leading to product categories.
- income from the email channel increased by 1.5 times (by 59.29%) compared to the previous month;
- Newsletter revenue for November was 37% of total email marketing revenue for 2021 (11 months);
- Newsletter revenue for November amounted to 3% of the company’s total monthly revenue.
Alp is not a regular customer of our email marketing service.
Task: show that this sales channel is profitable using the Black Friday email example.
What was done
2 days before Black Friday, we sent a sale reminder email with items that are already discounted and will be discounted. The bottom line is that Alp only runs a sale for 1 day and this is a great option to play on the psychology of the buyer – we want to have what we don’t have and value what we have less.
On the day of the action itself, we made a promo mailing listing products with discounts.
- income from the email channel grew 4 times (by 282.23%) compared to last year;
- Newsletter revenue for November was 39.3% of total email marketing revenue for 2021 (11 months);
- Newsletter revenue for November accounted for 1.1% of the company’s total monthly revenue.