This article is created by the following specialists of the ADINDEX agency.
Why must businesses take action and maintain their online presence during the quarantine period? There are several reasons for that:
- Due to the induced restrictions, people spend almost 7 hours a day online; moreover, they use smartphones for nearly 50% of that time.
- Social media, online shopping, online TV, gaming, and streaming make more than 50% of traffic these days.
- Since the end of February, the CPM on Facebook Ads lowered by 40%, and the CPC reduced by 35%, while the Engagement increased by 56%. This means that the cost of social media advertising has lowered significantly, while the number of engaged audiences who will see this advertising almost doubled compared to a similar period.
People spend more time at home, and this affects their behavior; this also makes things easier for advertisers working with small and medium businesses. The most critical challenge businesses face during this challenging period is to stay visible to their target audience. The pandemic and the crisis will end, and your audience will hopefully stay with you.
Follow these tips to support your brand and grow your communication with the target audience.
Adjust your communication strategy
- Tell your subscribers how your company functions in new conditions.
- Announce that you’ll be selling goods or offering services online; tell your audience about your current work schedule and its changes.
- Stay positive, support your audience, and don’t talk about sad things.
Your new communication strategy will help you drive new buyers and increase the loyalty of existing ones.
Work on visual and technical components of your social media pages
Polish your social media designs. Make your profiles look more ‘alive,’ but don’t forget about the technical optimization of the posts as well.
Tell your audience:
- Why did you decide to start this business?
- Who are the people behind the business?
- Why are you so good at this business?
- Demonstrate your expertise.
- Disassemble specialized topics.
- Debunk the myths in your niche.
Use ALL free opportunities for coverage
- correct hashtags;
- direct messages;
- custom newsletters (make sure they aren’t spammy);
- alternative texts;
- mentions in posts and stories of your loyal audience;
- geotags and sponsored/partnered content.
All this could help you drive a new audience without investing any money. The most important thing here is not to overdo with popular hashtags in situations when they aren’t relevant and don’t bring any value to the audience.
Invest in basic analytics and the most profitable advertising
Invest money into working bundles of advertising campaigns and products. Also, learn how to test your theories and track the effectiveness of your decisions.
Come up with a list of top products/services for the current period. Renew your creatives and focus on those goods that are the most relevant to your customers right now.
Most of the buyers fall under one of these categories:
- moderately frugal;
- those who prefer to live in the present day.
The goods fall under one of these categories:
- ‘indulgence’ goods;
- goods with delayed demand option;
All the categories have intersection points. After you place your product on a category map, it’ll become easier for you to understand in which direction you move and what you should change.
Be where your audience is
- Team up with opinion leaders. As the users these days have more free time than before, they spend it watching their favorite bloggers, training with them, and eating with them. Therefore, native advertising and live broadcasts with collaboration with influencers would be especially useful for your business.
- Create YouTube and Telegram channels and a TikTok account.
- Cooperate with other bloggers and tiktokers who work in similar niches, create videos together, and launch broadcast collaborations.
The most important thing to keep in mind is that you shouldn’t lose your connection to your audience. As the prices for Instagram and Facebook advertising become cheaper worldwide, social media become the most profitable channel for communication with your buyers. If you do your best to make the most out of this period, you’ll quickly see the results of your hard work.